Expert Interview is performed, in essence, as a type of in-depth interviews. The main feature of it is not only belonging of the respondent to a narrow target group of concerned parties, but also perceived as more competent person on this question, on the background of “ordinary people”.
As an experts can be introduced specialists, who study the subject (for example, market), or experienced players in a social milieu that is studied (politicians, businessmen, etc.).
In most cases expert interviews conducted with:
- company executives or heads of major departments,
- representatives of the executive and legislative authorities of regions,
- university and research organizations,
- non-government members,
- private expert or advisory bodies,
- members of expert council, etc.